The World Obesity Day is observed on October 11, 2018.
• Obesity: According to the WHO, obesity is an abnormal or excessive fat accumulation to the extent that may impair health.
• Theme: Change Your Perspective to Change Your Life
• As per one report, 2.7 billion adults worldwide will suffer from overweight and obesity by 2025.
• It is the leading cause of chronic diseases such as: cardiovascular and liver diseases, diabetes, some cancers and other diseases.
• They both are linked to more deaths than malnutrition.
• Women claim higher rates than men.