Indian Ports Association (IPA) launches ‘PCS 1x’ to increase the Ease of Doing Business under the guidance of Ministry of Shipping.
• PCS 1x: It is a cloud based new generation technology, with user-friendly interface. This system seamlessly integrates various stakeholders from the maritime trade on a single platform.
• Functions: The platform offers value added services such as notification engine, workflow, mobile application, track and trace, better user interface, better security features, improved inclusion by offering dashboard for those with no Information
• A unique feature of ‘PCS1x’ is that it can latch on to third party software which provides services to the maritime industry thereby enabling the stakeholders to access wide network of services.
• This system will enable trade to have an improved communication with the customs as they have also embarked on an Application Programming Interface (API) based architecture, thereby enabling real time interaction.
• Reduces errors: It captures and stores data on its first occurrence thereby reducing manual intervention, the need to enter transaction data at various points and thereby
reducing errors in the process.
• Reduces overall cost: The application will have a cascading effect in reducing dwell time and overall cost of transaction.
• Revolutionize maritime trade: It will help in bringing maritime trade in India at par with global best practices and pave the way to improve the Ease of Doing Business world ranking and Logistics Performance Index (LPI) ranks.
• Single point database: This System offers a database that acts as a single data point to all transactions.
• Supports Green Initiatives: This system is also an initiative that supports green initiatives by reducing dependency on paper. The web-based platform has been developed indigenously and is a part of the ‘Make in India’ and ‘Digital India’ initiative.