Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Water Resources while giving a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha, gave details on the status of implementation of the
• Data depository: NeVA aims to bring all the legislatures of the country together, in one platform thereby creating a massive data depository without having the complexity of multiple applications.
• e-Vidhan is a Mission Mode Project (MMP) included in Digital India Programme.
• Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs (MoPA).
• Funding of NeVA is on the pattern of Central Sponsored Scheme.
Application of NeVA:
• Promotes e-Assembly: NeVA enables e-Assembly or paperless assembly, which is a concept involving of electronic means to facilitate the work of Assembly.
• Automation of Work: It enables automation of entire law making process, tracking of decisions and documents, sharing of information.
• Establishes Smart Legislature: NeVA is a device neutral and member centric application created to equip them to handle diverse House Business smartly by putting entire information regarding member contact details, rules of procedure, list of business, notices, bulletins, bills, starred/unstarred questions and answers, papers laid, committee reports etc. in their hand held devices/ tablets and equip all Legislatures/ Departments to handle it efficiently.
• Citizen access: Citizens would also gain access to this information at their fingertips.
• Reduces manual work burden: NeVA will completely eliminate the process of sending out a notice/request for collection of data.
• Cloud Technology: Through the cloud technology (Meghraj), data deployed can be accessed anywhere at any time.
• Live Webcast: Further, live webcasting of Lok Sabha TV and Rajya Sabha TVs is also available on this application. Doordarshan has already been enabled with provision to
incorporate similar facility in respect of State Legislatures.
• In order to utilize and harness the benefits of Cloud Computing, Government of India has embarked a “GI Cloud” initiative named as ‘MeghRaj’.
• The focus of this initiative is to accelerate delivery of e-services in the country while optimizing ICT spending of the Government.
• This will ensure optimum utilization of the infrastructure and speed up the development and deployment of eGov applications.