iGOT initiative aims at “Competent Civil Services for Good Governance”.
• iGOT initiative will augment the existing training mechanism with online module-based training coupled with certification.
• Universal accessibility: This will make training inputs available to government servant on site and on flexitime basis through Massive Online Open Courses mechanism. It will provide a single point of access to the repository of training resources.
• Objective: The National Training Policy-2012 mandates that all civil servants will be provided with training to equip them with the competencies for their current or future jobs.
• Issues with Current Setup:
- Limited outreach: The current structure of training for Government servants including domestic and foreign training is mostly available to very small section of the government servants.
- The outreach of the existing training setup is very limited in view of the large workforce employed in various States/UT Governments.
SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active–Learning for Young Aspiring Minds)
• It is a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platform.
• SWAYAM facilitates hosting of all the courses taught in classrooms to be accessed by anyone, anywhere at any time.