An online portal “ENSURE” has been launched to ease the subsidy payment in the livestock sector through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
• Recently, Ministry of Agriculture has launched a portal ‘ENSURE’ under Entrepreneurship Development and Employment Generation (EDEG) component of National Livestock Mission.
• It is developed by NABARD and operated under the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries.
• “ENSURE” portal (ensure.nabard.org) is launched so that the information related to beneficiary and processing of the application can be made readily available.
• The flow of information/fund, subsidy payment for activities related to poultry, small ruminants, pigs etc. through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) will be quicker and more accountable.
• The burden of extra interest due to delay in the disbursal of the subsidy would now be reduced after the launch of the portal.
• Access from the portal will also be on real-time basis and list of beneficiaries can be easily prepared.