E-governance initiatives for ST Welfare Schemes
Union Minister for Tribal Affairs recently launched the E-governance initiatives for ST welfare schemes.
• Ministry of Tribal Affairs has developed online portals namely DBT Tribal and NGO Grants Online Application & Tracking System.
• These portals are expected to bring greater e-Governance in implementation of welfare schemes for Scheduled Tribes.
DBT Tribal Portal
• In DBT Tribal portal, there are 3 main modules for Pre-Matric & Post-Matric Scholarship.
• Data Sharing module is mainly meant for sharing beneficiary data by States.
• In Communication module, the States have facility to upload documents, raise query and DBT data uploaded by States is used for faster release of funds.
• Monitoring module has facility of MIS reports & Dashboards.
The NGO Portal
• The NGO portal has been developed for implementing scheme of Aid to Voluntary Organizations working for the welfare of STs.
• It has been fully revamped & redesigned with simplified Application form, Inspection Report and Fund Processing module. The portal has been re-opened for NGOs and States for online application.