lndia Post launched e-Commerce Portal to provide end to end support to rural artisans and online retailers to sell their products.
• The e-Commerce Portal launched by ‘India Post’ will provide an e-Market place to sellers especially to rural artisans/self-help groups/women entrepreneurs/State and Central PSUs/Autonomous Bodies etc. to sell their products to buyers across the Country.
• Small and local sellers, will now be able to maximise their reach and retailing power by leveraging the vast physical and lT network.
• The buyers can also access the products of their choice displayed by sellers on the portal and place online orders by making digital payments.
• The products will be shipped through Speed Post.
Other Initiatives of Department of Posts:
• Internet banking facility for Post Office Savings Bank (POSB) customers has been launched. This facility will help customers to do their transactions without physically visiting post offices.
• In 2017, Deen Dayal SPARSH (i.e Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby) was launched.
- SPARSH Scheme had objective of bringing philately to the mainstream of education system and incentivizing it.
• These initiatives are in keeping with the vision of bringing governance to the doorstep of our citizens.